Indulge in Vinyasa and make your inner Flow-Nerd happy!
As vinyasa becomes more common, quality varies greatly. Vinyasa classes resemble fitness classes (remember aerobics?) more than ever before, and the spectrum of “vinyasa culture” seems to grow by the hour. Rocky´s events explore how to safely and effectively create the flow state your students crave, while providing you with knowledge, strategies and techniques to set your students up for success. Embody your own most effective and powerful teacher and the quality and integrity of your offering will be magnetic and magical. Expect strong intermediate practices each day with Rocky to further develop your own asana practice and understanding of pose architecture.
Vinyasa Yoga Teacher’s Intensive
June 25 – 30, 2019
Tue. 10 am – 6 pm, Wed. to Sat. 9 am – 6 pm, Sun. 9 am – 3 pm
Take your skills and your teaching career to new levels!
Whether you are a vinyasa teacher looking for new skills and tools, or an alignment based teacher seeking to broaden your range, this course will give you many things to implement immediately.
In this training, we will explore how to CREATE the experience of being in a FLOW STATE and use strategies and techniques to set your students up for SUCCESS.
Become an effective and powerful yoga teacher and the quality and integrity of your offering will be magnetic and magical.
Only 15 spaces left!
Please contact us for receiving our application form:
You will learn:
Form, Function & Flow: What every vinyasa teacher needs to know, organizing principles and essential skills, Level 1 focus
• What is vinyasa yoga? Etymology of vinyasa, definitions, historical context and contemporary vinyasa
• Organizational principles of vinyasa
• Vinyasa teaching strategies and skills
• Vinyasa sequencing
• Overview levels of vinyasa classes: Level 1, Mixed Levels, Level 2-3
• How to balance pose instruction with rhythm, pace and flow
• How to teach and not lose momentum and flow
• How to cue the breath and keep consistent rhythm
• Physical adjustments
• Demonstration techniques
• Environment: classroom organization, heat, light, music
• Seat of the teacher; how to hold the space of challenge and compassion
• How to begin class: arriving and settling poses
• How to introduce and teach seated ujayii pranayama
• Lesson planning: progressive sequencing for Surya Namaskara A
• Lesson planning: How to give effective Chaturanga Dandasana (modified) tutorial
• Lesson planning: Progressive sequencing for Surya Namaskara B
Foundations of Flow: Effective and safe 60-minute level 1 classes continued
• Level 1 syllabus of poses
• Sequencing of level 1
• Difficult poses and transitions and common misalignments
• How to balance instruction with pace, rhythm and flow
• How to give effective (brief) postural demonstrations
• Modifications, options and prop use and other pose improvement strategies
• How to introduce and teach mula and uddiyana bandha
• How to create focus and provide recovery time during class
• Repetition; instructional round and 1 breath per pose round
• Lesson planning: progressive sequencing for Surya Namaskara C (standing pose linkings)
• Lesson planning: abdominal strengthening, arm balances and forward bends
• Lesson planning: basic backbends
• Closing postures, savasana and ending class
Meaningful Boundaries: 75-minute mixed level vinyasa classes to PEAK POSE (backbend)
• Mixed level syllabus of poses; standing poses and backbends
• How to introduce and teach supine ujayii pranayama
• How to teach with meaningful options and stages for all levels of students
• How to teach handstand and forearm balance in mixed level vinyasa
• Mixed level strategies for Surya Namaskar, A, B & C
• How to never give up on improving chaturanga dandasana
• How to progressively prepare for safe and effective backbend peak pose classes
• How to introduce and teach nadi shodhana pranayama
Meaningful Boundaries: 75-minute mixed level vinyasa classes to PEAK POSE (arm balance/hip opener)
• How to teach headstand in mixed level
• Mixed level syllabus of arm balances, hip openers and forward bends
• How to progressively prepare for effective arm balance/hip opener peak pose mixed level classes
• How to introduce and teach viloma pranayama, kumbaka
Raise the Bar: 90-minute intermediate/advanced vinyasa classes PEAK SEQUENCE
• Intermediate/advanced syllabus of poses
• How and when (and when not to) to teach intermediate/advanced vinyasa
• How to increase the challenge and safely manage risk
• Set your students up for success; no curve balls, no surprises
• How to sequence intelligently for peak sequence
• Intermediate/advanced vinyasa transitions and skills
• How to teach kapala bhati pranayama
• How to effectively lead practice-style classes
Only 15 Spaces left!
Book now to reserve your spot here for 900 Euros
Masterclasses: A Series to Excellence
July 2 – 28, 2019
This series of single masterclasses with Rocky will take you and your yoga to a new level of excellence – one intensive step at a time!
We will add more information on Rockys upcoming classes soon!
Skills & Drills: Vinyasa Innovation (40h)
Oct. 30 – Nov. 3, 2019
Times: Wed. 10 am – 6 pm, Thu. – Sat. 9 am – 6 pm, Sun 9 am – 3 pm
Yoga is evolving, and it’s time to upgrade your practice and teaching!
Are you interested in learning more about your body and functional movement?
Looking to empower yourself with the skills to evolve your practice and teaching in the direction of diverse and intelligent strength? Are you ready to break free of the box of traditional pose alignment to map your own creative pathways into increased mobility and movement possibilities?
If so, then you are ready for Skill and Drills!
Join international master instructor Rocky Heron for an illuminating and transformative learning opportunity. The key to physical health is diversity of movement. All too often we exchange habitual movement patterns off the mat for likewise limiting patterns in our practice. In Skills and Drills we will use traditional yoga asana and transitions as a springboard to explore your bodies potential to move, and achieve optimal mobility in all directions. We will pull, jump, bounce, lift, tone, stabilize, and play our way into greater possibilities, unlocking the keys to success in your physical practice, and the power within you to express and enjoy your body!
This intensive style yoga weekend includes the following sessions:
In this opening vinyasa based session we will unwind your spine, and re-route your energy powerfully into the earth. We will leverage the reaction force from the ground in playful and joyful ways as we buoyantly weave through standing postures, hip openers, and accessible arm balance options. Along the way expect to learn groundbreaking techniques to evolve your experience in a wide range of asana and transitions, all while deepening your knowledge around the mechanics of your magnificent body. All levels are welcome.
Want to learn how to dramatically increase the strength and stamina of your muscle tissue? Are you curious how to play an active role in the reparation of old injuries? Isometrics are one essential tool. In this session we will explore closed chain and open chain techniques, aligning our joints and turning on muscles that may be locked short/long or off-line. These simple yet powerful techniques will help to entrain coherent signals throughout your nervous system that will load your tissues for optimal healing and, when applied to your practice, enable massive gains in your stability and pose efficacy.
How do we become more flexible? In this session we will explore our muscle’s ability to actively shorten (concentric) and lengthen (eccentric). When we bring awareness into these co-contractions and work them with purpose, the dual aspects of our practice (strength and flexibility for example) all yoke together, collaborating toward a more unified whole. Learn techniques to intelligently stabilize your body for greater ranges of motion. Submerge yourself with intelligent awareness. These drills will be used to empower success in your practices of back-bending, and asymmetrical leg stretches.
In between life’s moments, there are a never-ending threads of transition. It is in our ability, or inability, to move with ease and confidence through these transitions that life opens up to us as we open up to it. In this session, we will explore our bodies potential for plyometrics; using the earth as our trampoline to leverage downward force into upward levity. The result will be a more spring-loaded, efficient movement, enabling us to explore more elusive transitions on our mat with greater ease and skill – arm balances, and dynamic standing poses. All levels welcome!
About Workshops with Rocky Heron
Rocky teaches yoga workshops all over the world. This program is for dedicated yoga students who want to take some extra time to explore postures in a meaningful, refined, methodical way and learn practical strategies for building strength, flexibility and focus. Noah will provide the attention you need to help you achieve your personal goals in your physical yoga/asana practice.
Morning asana sessions tend to be upbeat, with an emphasis on standing postures, backbends, arm balances and/or vinyasa flow. We turn inward as the sun wanes to forward bends, inversions and restorative postures. Students can expect to leave this program with a deeper, more expansive practice, and know how best to grow your yoga practice in the context of her/his own limits and boundaries.
Do not hesitate to ask your questions – or directly join here for 750 Euros:
Do not hesitate to write us if you have any questions about one of our events